Tuesday 4 August 2009

theres lots of stuff there

so.... there's lots of stuff there at the biennale. all these art things, installations, paintings, videos, and rides. a bit overwhelming really. I've enjoyed a bit of the tasty food buffets in my time but now a days get a bit winded by the amount of choice. I mean how can I take in mashed potatoes, corn bread, ice cream, coleslaw, cake, little chocolate brownies, and green pepper without losing a little of what each one is. Of all the flavors and flows of the biennale I think it hard to decide. Many approached a different sense or feeling so to pick one is to say mash potatoes are great because I said I liked little chocolate brownies. I likem both. However, for the sake of blogging bloggistically in the blogishpere I will say this video I saw in the arsenale portion of the biennale. It was a mixture of instillation and video. Although isn't most art at least partially installation? Either way it started with the sheet walled angled tunnel. Mostly white. This journey ala linen cleansed the pallet and prepared the viewer for a similarly guided video at the end. The video was simple but effective, again like little chocolate brownies. There were few cuts and little to no dialogue. It was vague enough for one to create their own adventure but not so obscure as to leave one wondering if the toaster was left on and whether or not one could leave a toaster on. So yeah I liked that. This was done by Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment